POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Poser Free : Re: Poser Free Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:05:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser Free
From: Tom Melly
Date: 9 Oct 2000 09:12:55
Message: <39e1c457@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapginrafr> wrote in message
> Tom Melly wrote:
>
> > "Halbert" <hha### [at] capitalnet> wrote in message
> > > This is from Gilles' site:
> > > http://www.mediaport.net/Artichaud/Tran/sources/tutuve.htm
> > >

> > Many thanks.
>
> Note that the latest version of 3DWin does an excellent job of
> translating poser *.obj files to the mesh2 format. No crashes or other
> troubles so far.
> G.

I'll check it out - at the moment I can export a poser 3 model as an .obj
and translate that to a working mesh using pos2pov. What I haven't been able
to do is export any uv mapping. UVMapper (?) does allow me to output and
load an appropriate map into psp for hand colouring (from the .obj file),
but this would seem a bit fiddly, but worth doing if no alternative existed.
Pos2pov wants a material file which doesn't seem to be an output option in
poser 3. Still, early days yet. I'll check out 3dwin this evening. Thanks
for the tip.

At the moment, using two models with the appropriate no_reflection, no_image
settings, I'm modelling a Magritte
(http://www.nicolarandone.com/arte/magritte7.jpg) - I can't remember what
this image is called, can anyone enlighten me?

BTW Quite a few Magritte's would be fun to model - anyone interested could
check out
http://www.telesat.com.co/Telesat/home2/galeria/magritte/p1.html
or
http://www.multimania.com/reno3000/magrittegalerie.html