POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Poser Free : Re: Poser Free Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:09:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser Free
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 8 Oct 2000 15:37:25
Message: <39e0ccf5@news.povray.org>
"Tom Melly" <tom### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote in message
> Just got it - whoopee.
>
> (offhand, does anyone know a link to a faq for importing poser figures
into
> pov? - I've download pose2pov and txt file, but is there any other good
info
> elsewhere?)

I'm working on something better than "OBJuvPOV" in C++ (previews, manual
winding correction, whatever I can get to work etc. etc.) but in the
meantime (I don't know what month the first release will be) OBJuvPOV isn't
too bad if you've got a Windows PC - from the "download" page at my site
below.

On the subject of which, if anyone has any ideas on editing polys -
particularly with regard to the math involved in ensuring all points on
polys are planar - please do give me a yell and I may try and include
primitive mesh editing in OBJuvMOD (at the moment it's aims are all things
I'm fairly sure I can get it to do - like making it easy to spot "reverse
wound" faces and unwind them, recalculating normals, stuff like that.
Possibly even Surface subdivision if I can find the excellent POV example of
doing this and convert to C++ code including UV co-ordinate recalculation).

It supports UV-Mapped .OBJ files only, which is generally fine from Poser
(people etc. are all UV-Mapped) and while it was originally designed for
UV-POV (and now MegaPOV) thanks to Chris Colefax is _can_ actually convert
.OBJ files for use in standard edition POV-Ray... which IMO boggles the
mind. Mega-POV is far better for UV-Mapped meshes though, IMHO. Parse speed
and file size are both much improved.

--
Cheers,
Cliff Bowman

http://www.geocities.com/who3d/
PS change "4" to "3" and change .dom to reflect United Kingdom company to
reply by e-mail