POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Star night sky : Re: Star night sky Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:07:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Star night sky
From: Chris Colefax
Date: 29 Sep 2000 21:11:33
Message: <39d53dc5@news.povray.org>
Yann Ramin <atr### [at] atrustrivalieeuorg> wrote:
> Does anyone have suggestions for generating a night sky with stars?  A big
> spehere with random holes punched through it? :)  I obviously can't use
> light to illuminate a sky_sphere.

As Bob has mentioned, I have a include file that will do this for you.  It
is particuarly designed to create the maximum number of stars with the
minimum of memory usage and parsing time.  Also, unlike other methods posted
it supports various types of stars, and the stars are pre-antialiased, so
they do not slow down rendering much, if at all, when you turn anti-aliasing
on.  You can download the include file as part of the Galaxy Include package
at:

   http://www.geocities.com/ccolefax