POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Includes note : Re: POV Includes note Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:13:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Includes note
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 29 Sep 2000 08:49:11
Message: <39d48fc7@news.povray.org>
Disnel <dis### [at] itamcascz> wrote:
> Josh English wrote:
>>
>> I thought that including a file like "colors.inc" increased the memory usage
>> or had some other effect to slow down parsing.

> But if you inlude texture.inc, for example, you NEED colors.inc,
> regardless
> if it is included automatically from  textures.inc or manually from your
> POV file before #include "textures.inc".

Does POV make sure it hasn't already included a particular include?  I think
not, or a lot of the include file style functions wouldn't work multiple
times.  Parsing a long include of essentially just definitions (even if they
overwrite only themselves) could take quite a bit of time, if it's a long
file.

So there is some use in checking to see if a particular include (not of the
type where including multiple times can have different results) has already
been included.

Geoff