POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Star night sky : Re: Star night sky Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:14:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Star night sky
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 28 Sep 2000 01:35:39
Message: <39d2d8ab@news.povray.org>
"Yann Ramin" <atr### [at] atrustrivalieeuorg> wrote in message

| Does anyone have suggestions for generating a night sky with stars?  A big
| spehere with random holes punched through it? :)  I obviously can't use
| light to illuminate a sky_sphere.

Easiest thing to do is use the star texture on a sky_sphere, it's in the
texture.inc file which comes with POV.  In MegaPov there's a post process
kind too.
Second easiest would be to use the galaxy.inc from Chris Colefax, or one of
the others people have done already.  There is one which mimics the true
stellar sky using Hubble data I believe.
I can't go looking much now for specific ones but at:
http://www.btinternet.com/~consty/render/render_f.htm
go to the Utilities then POV files and there'll be both a link to Chris
Colefax's site and a 3D Starfield file.

Bob