POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Making Background transparent... : Re: Making Background transparent... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:07:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making Background transparent...
From: Rune
Date: 26 Sep 2000 17:40:40
Message: <39d117d8@news.povray.org>
"Peter Popov" wrote:
> If the edge of red sphere on a blue background takes only 10%
> of a pixel, then this pixel will have a color of <0.1,0,0.9> .
> If you make it <1,0,0>, antialiasing will be totally useless
> as no jaggies will be reduced.

The jaggies will disappear when you view the image in a program that
supports the alpha channel. I think my post in povray.binaries.images shows
very well the advantage of the method I describe and the disadvantage of the
current method.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated August 7)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org