POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request: Optional Fisheye Confinement : Re: Request: Optional Fisheye Confinement Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:00:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request: Optional Fisheye Confinement
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 25 Sep 2000 19:00:29
Message: <39cfd90d$1@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] inamecom> wrote in message
| "Bob Hughes" wrote:
|
| > If wanting a complete 360 degree field shown as rectangular
| > that requires greater than 360 degree field...
| > how can that be done then?
|
| Since when has angles greater than 360 degrees been a problem? Read the
| documentation.

I was just trying to go on one simple thought about it, I haven't checked
into any of it.  What I was saying is that if there were a fisheye
projection (for lack of a better word) having rectangular boundaries then
your solution would be using a angle going to the corners not the sides.
That means loss of field of view for a fraction of the whole intended by a
given angle in the camera, ie. 360 is seen only at the corners of a square
aspect resolution and not the sides.  Clipped.

| > It would have limitations anyhow.
|
| Exactly what is that statement based on? Facts? I don't think so.
| Indications? I don't see any. To me it is obvious that it would actually
| have no limitations at all. It even works perfectly with the clumsy method
| provided.

I would guess it's all in how such a thing would be implemented.

Bob