POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : distinguishing types in scene language : distinguishing types in scene language Server Time
3 May 2024 02:23:46 EDT (-0400)
  distinguishing types in scene language
From: Neil Freebairn
Date: 24 Sep 2000 17:12:34
Message: <39ce6e42@news.povray.org>
Is there any way to tell a identifier which evaluates to a vector from an
identifier which evaluates to a real? Essentially, I want a way to determine
the type of an identifier. I want to create a macro like this

#macro StringOut(IDENTIFIER)
#if (IDENTIFIER is_vector)
    {do some vector related things here}
#else