POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Making Background transparent... : Re: Making Background transparent... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:01:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making Background transparent...
From: Rune
Date: 24 Sep 2000 16:21:42
Message: <39ce6256@news.povray.org>
"PoD" wrote:
> At the edges of objects the rgb values of the object are AAed
> with the background colour.  When I turn on transparency, it's
> because I want the background to represent _nothing_, how can
> nothing have a colour?  There should be no leftovers to remove.

Exactly. The background presence should be stored in the alpha
channel only. Not in the red, green and blue components.

I have posted an image to povray.binaries.images and a bug report
to povray.bugreports

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated August 7)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org