POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : mega pov : Re: mega pov Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:00:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mega pov
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 17 Sep 2000 09:11:25
Message: <39c4c2fd$1@news.povray.org>
"Pete" <Pet### [at] nymaliasnet> wrote in message
news:771### [at] nymaliasnet...
| Bob Hughes wrote:
|
| > Looks like the official POV-Ray
| >Amiga versions are outdated and the latest date I saw there (
| >http://www.amigaworld.com/support/povamiga/ ) was Jan. '99.  So you'll
| >probably need to ask if there are any plans to do a compile of v3.5 for
that
| >platform.
|
| That site has the Amiga port of povray3.1, which is actually current.
| I use that version and it anything that renders on WIndows 3.2 also
| renders on that amiga version, so it is not out of date.  When the pov
| team release Povray 3.5, *then* it will be outdated.
|
| Or did you mean something else when you said "outdated".

Yes, I did actually (I'm so fatalistic, sorry).  I was implying that it
appeared to be going back to January 9th, 1999, being a year and a half or
so ago, and thought there was a chance the Amiga platform was being left
behind.  That date was from the POV-Ray Amiga PPC in testing! link which I
considered must be the latest thing going on.  That might put the source
code back to around "version 3.1a" wouldn't it?
Anyway, the source code at the download link states: Not yet available.
Expected by 10-Nov-1998
I realize not everything on the web stays current as of today but it had me
thinking it was trailing off toward a forgotten platform.  Curses, this
fast-paced internet mentality, if I was being wrong  :-)

Bob