POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Explanation of recursive macros. : Explanation of recursive macros. Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:16:11 EDT (-0400)
  Explanation of recursive macros.
From: BigCeef
Date: 12 Sep 2000 15:17:25
Message: <39be8145@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'd like to ask a favour. Having returned to POV, it has become clear to me
that my difficulties concentrating ( due to health reasons ) are really
causing me real problems. I'm trying to understand how those macros work
that build trees and the like, but I look at the code and simply cannot
decipher it.

Would some kind person be willing to explain to me how to, say, build a
branch that splits into twigs a couple of levels? Or point me toward a
tutorial that would serve my purposes?

---------

Also, any tutorials on using photons would be a help. Mainly, I don't
understand the ignore_photons command, but the whole area of photons is
difficult to experiment with, as I'm still stuck with a P200.

---------

Anyway, it's good to be back, and good to see so many of the names I'd got
so used to seeing...and I am SO pleased about MegaPOV..thanks Chris and
Nathan.

Thanks in advance,

Andy Cocker