POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Added a misconceptions section to the PovVFAQ : Re: Added a misconceptions section to the PovVFAQ Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:25:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Added a misconceptions section to the PovVFAQ
From: Tom Melly
Date: 8 Sep 2000 06:48:18
Message: <39b8c3f2$1@news.povray.org>
news:39b8ba42@news.povray.org...
> Tom Melly <tom### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote:
> : How about "all objects have a point of origin and that is what they
rotate
> : about when rotated" or something similiar?
>
>   Isn't this true? Every object has indeed this point: <0,0,0>

Mmm, yes. I should have phrased it better. Also, thinking about it, the
misconception affects new-users and scaling rather than rotation - e.g.

sphere{<2,2,2>, 1 scale 10} - hey, where did my sphere go?

>   I think a question covering this theme has been dealt already in the
VFAQ.

I'm sure you are right - might not some duplications between the VFAQ and
misconceptions be appropriate?