POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Added a misconceptions section to the PovVFAQ : Re: Added a misconceptions section to the PovVFAQ Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:25:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Added a misconceptions section to the PovVFAQ
From: Warp
Date: 7 Sep 2000 03:04:37
Message: <39b73e05@news.povray.org>
Rune <run### [at] inamecom> wrote:
: So I think the edge between misconceptions and questions are a rather
: blurred, and I don't really know why you added a misconceptions section in
: the first place when all the misconceptions could be formulated as questions
: anyway

  My initial intention was to put more general misconceptions about computer
graphics in the misconceptions section and specific povray questions in the
questions section. The questions usually apply only to povray, while the
misconceptions have a more general meaning (although people can have them
when dealing with povray).
  The questions can also be pure questions (how do I put an image map on
a sphere?) which are not misconceptions.

: (Why do my #while-loop not work as expected?).

  I didn't put that in the misconceptions section because I felt it was more
a povray-specific question (only povray syntax explained).