POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Material map question : Material map question Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  Material map question
From: Martin Magnusson
Date: 6 Sep 2000 12:05:22
Message: <39b66b42@news.povray.org>
I have a small problem:

I'd like to make a texture based on a bitmap (greyscale) and declare one
texture for the black areas, another texture for the white areas, and have
some average on the grey pixels (i e pretty much like a regular texture_map
but based on a bitmap in stead of POV's patterns). It seems that
material_map doesn't let me do this unless I specify a single texture for
each pixel value (which can be done using a macro and average, but that
isn't a very nice solution). Is there another way?