POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Need help with Avi setting! : Re: Need help with Avi setting! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:38:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need help with Avi setting!
From: C J  - POV User
Date: 5 Sep 2000 08:51:34
Message: <39b4ec56@news.povray.org>
Bink is better for mpeg quality animations/movies.
Frame rate is the number of frames that are displayed per second. Think of a
flip book. You know the little books that have an image on each corner of
the page. Each images is slightly different (i.e. the location of an arm or
leg, a frown turning to a smaile, etc...) Well if you flip the pages and
look at the images, the images seem to come alive, or animate. The faster
you flip the pages the faster the animation runs. This is the same idea of a
frame rate...

Hope that helps
regards,

Rene <rhe### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> I've tried Smaker too. If I create an AVI there are the same options to
choose
> from. Can somebody explain to me what exactly key frame rate and data rate
> options do? Smaker and Bink look very interesting but I don't really like
the
> advertisement at the end of the movie and I really need a format that will
run
> from a CD on (almost) ANY system (OK I could make an exe... I agree...
great
> option...but...).
>
> (By the way what are the differences and advantages between Smaker and
Bink