POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Update on status of POV-Ray v3.5 official : Re: Update on status of POV-Ray v3.5 official Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Update on status of POV-Ray v3.5 official
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 3 Sep 2000 17:22:30
Message: <39b2c116@news.povray.org>
"Alan Kong" <ako### [at] povrayNO-SPAMorg> wrote in message
|   For an updated status report on the not-yet-released POV-Ray v3.5
| povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions, with the subject line:
|
| "POV-Team Status Report - September 1, 2000" posted by Chris Cason,
| POV-Team Coordinator

Not much I can say except it appears to be falling into place.  Things being
left out (for now or forever?) and things being put in makes sense to me for
the most part anyway.
Got to admit that version 4.0 sounds all the farther away though, guess
because it sounds like even a bigger change ahead.
Wonder how much fanfare 3.5 will get?  Past releases I remember were like a
quiet weekend at home (about like this one, Labor Day and all) because I
only interacted with a handful of people on AOL when 3.02, even 3.1, arrived
there.  Think I got 3.0 at CompuServe though.
These groups have more traffic than I ever saw at both AOL and CompuServe.
I'm waxing nostalgic so I better stop.

Bob