POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : animated projectiles shot while moving : Re: animated projectiles shot while moving Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animated projectiles shot while moving
From: Rune
Date: 3 Sep 2000 09:58:27
Message: <39b25903@news.povray.org>
"ryan constantine" wrote:
> i tested your file.  looks good.  i'll definitely use it for
> the gun turrets.

Glad you can use it!

> of course i'll have to make the lasers and explosions
> prettier, but i'm sure you were just getting the mechanics
> and a quick render to me and not a work of art.

Exactly.

> i'll have to read it closer to see how to adapt it to the
> blasters on a moving starfighter.  i suppose i could make a
> separate include for each object that shoots something huh?

You could do that.

> or include the same file with various params #declared first...

I think that would be a better solution. However, you would need to specify
different data file names. Before each time you include it, write something
like:

#declare DataFileName = "data1.inc"
#include "autoshoot.inc"

#declare DataFileName = "data2.inc"
#include "autoshoot.inc"

In autoshoot.inc you replace "data.inc" with DataFileName

That way you can use multiple instances of the include file, and they won't
overwrite each other's data.

Greetings,

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated July 23)