POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : animated projectiles shot while moving : Re: animated projectiles shot while moving Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:27:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animated projectiles shot while moving
From: Rune
Date: 2 Sep 2000 08:23:59
Message: <39b0f15f@news.povray.org>
"ryan constantine" wrote:
> i'm surprised noone guessed that i'm going to try a star wars scene,
> in which case you can see the blasts.

I thought of that, but I couldn't be sure.

> they will be fired by ships and by turrets and battle stations.
> the blasts should travel linearly.

Excellent!

See my post "Auto Shoot" in povray.binaries.scene-files

Please tell me what you think of it, and if you find it useful.

If you need help modifying it to your needs, just ask me! :-)

> i think blasts will either hit a target already on screen, or move
> off screen, although an option to follow it with the camera may be
> useful down the road.

My solution can do all that.

> i think traditionally in movies, torpedoes are more likely to be
> followed by the camera.  oh, i guess i'll need torpedos to
> go in the death star's exhaust port, but again, those are scene
> cuts, not camera following.

My solution works with torpedoes if they move linearly.
It could be changed to behave differently though.

> thanks for the help.

Hope you can use it!

Greetings,

Rune