POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : TUTORIAL WRITERS: 10 Best CD, Tutorial uploading format? : Re: TUTORIAL WRITERS: 2nd proposal..... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:28:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TUTORIAL WRITERS: 2nd proposal.....
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 1 Sep 2000 10:44:02
Message: <39afc0b1@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson <gre### [at] my-dejanewscom> wrote:
> Bob Hughes wrote:

>> Upwards of 200 to 300 people eh?  I was thinking it might pull in
>> 50 at most, even only half that.  I'm thinking very coservatively I suppose.

> Maybe I'm flattering the project, but if the IRTC Scifi round took 222 entries
> because it was an "easy topic," then wouldn't this really be the easiest topic
> ever?

Not really.  Some of us don't have 10 images we're all that proud off, or
one with 10 things, or illustrating a particular idea.  I (as a relative
newbie) looked at the 'topic' and said "Ick.  I don't want to do that".  I
also haven't written any tutorials (being on the using end of them at the
moment. ;) )

> This option provides minimum headache for the editor, and minimum value to the
> customer.

Submissions are zipped.  They need not be zipped on the CD.  Unzip into a
separate directory for each (based on name of submitter?) and you're good to
go.  That makes submitting easy, but doesn't reduce the project (little more
work for the editor, I admit)

Geoff