POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV Parsing : Re: POV Parsing Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Parsing
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 30 Aug 2000 22:14:40
Message: <39adbf90$1@news.povray.org>
In article <39AD60A7.E24533EC@faricy.net> , David Fontaine
<dav### [at] faricynet>  wrote:

> What about control aids? They would process much faster in byte-code. Thorsten
> says it already does something like this though...

No, I didn't say it uses byte-code.  I said that it does what you were
suggesting, and that was "binary code" :-)

I interpreted "binary code" as using "hash value"...

A hash table is basically a binary shortcut for a string, so all you need to
do is generate the hash value and then compare two integers.  Of course
there will be duplicate hash values, so you then compare just a few strings
(or use another method - there are textbooks full of it).

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde