POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Just a suggestion.... : Re: Just a suggestion.... Server Time
28 Jun 2024 20:43:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a suggestion....
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 29 Aug 2000 13:42:24
Message: <39abf600@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

> 25ct wrote:
>>
>>   Hi,
>>         I don't know if this has been asked before or not, but is it
>> possible to run a competition, (Stills), alongside the main IRTC, for
>> newusers?

>>    What do you think?

> What is a newuser and how would you control who enters ?

I've mentioned this before, but why don't you use the competition itself as
the judge?  Something like 4 points for 1st, 3 for second, 2 for third, 1
for any of the merit categories.  Anyone with x points (probably around 3 or
4) is no longer a newbie and can't enter the newbie comp anymore.

Of course, a pro can enter and win the newbie comp.... once.  Then they're
no longer a newbie.

The problem is that people could create new ids to win, but why would they?
Most of the fun of the IRTC is the recognition anyway.

Geoff