POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Just a suggestion.... : Just a suggestion.... Server Time
26 Jun 2024 01:31:25 EDT (-0400)
   Just a suggestion....
From: 25ct
Date: 26 Aug 2000 22:59:19
Message: <39a88407@news.povray.org>
Hi,
        I don't know if this has been asked before or not, but is it
possible to run a competition, (Stills), alongside the main IRTC, for
newusers?
   With the current topic being the "Sea", I think that it is hard to
produce a good image that will match some of the experienced guys and girls.
(Especially me, anyway)
So how about a comp for newusers that could be any subject, within the
rules, to run alongside the main competition?
   The only judges for it could be the IRTC Team, and PoV-Ray Team, and
nobody else, or keep it as it is, and everyone votes, and just judge purely
on merit and design.
  To me, this makes sense.  I think that the images could be very
interesting for everybody, and would let the less experienced users have a
decent chance of competition.  Or am I talking proverbials here?  ;o)

   What do you think?

      ~Steve~