POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isosurface web-pages : Isosurface web-pages Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:26:21 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurface web-pages
From: Quadhall
Date: 26 Aug 2000 15:21:00
Message: <39a8189c@news.povray.org>
For those of you playing with Isosurfaces, I have created  a
(as-of-yet-incomplete) collection of isosurface
formulas.  It is located at:

http://members.xoom.com/quadhall/isoi.html

    This  bunch of web pages is meant to be a supplement to these tutorials:

http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/index.htm
http://www.capital.net/~hhawkins/SBenge/Geometric%20Creations.htm

    I intend to be adding more isosurfaces as time permits, particularly in
the existing "planes" section.  If I can dig out my quantum mechanics
textbooks, I will create a quantum section.  Any hints or suggestions on
improving these pages are welcome.

Quadhall

p.s.  All the formulas for the iso-objects posted were derived (by me) from
scratch.  Any resemblance
        to previously posted code is unintentional, but probably unavoidable
due to the very basic nature
        of these formulas.