POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image Mapping Basics : Image Mapping Basics Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Image Mapping Basics
From: Chris S
Date: 24 Aug 2000 20:13:11
Message: <39a5ba17@news.povray.org>
A long time ago I asked this question, and received an excellent answer, yet
I've long since forgotten what was said(and the post unretrievable).  My
question concerns the basics of image mapping a "decal" on an object.  The
basics of what I remember involve giving the object an ambient texture and
then using an orthographic camera to render an image later to be used as a
template in a paint program.  What I do not remember are the
scaling/translation rules, based on the settings of the camera, used to
place the image map.

Guidance much appreciated,
--
-Chris-