POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Rebuilt pose2pov : Re: OBJuvPOV Server Time
29 Jun 2024 01:57:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OBJuvPOV
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 24 Aug 2000 08:39:13
Message: <39a51771@news.povray.org>
"Christophe Bouffartigue" <Chr### [at] nanterremarellifr>
wrote in message news:39A4DEE1.3165AFB0@nanterre.marelli.fr...
> Cliff Bowman wrote:
> >

> > I'm a Doctor Who fan (as if you couldn't guess) and also a fan of Terry
> > Pratchett. SF and humour are both things I appreciate :)
>
> Waoh, I'm a TPratchett fan too. But I only read the french translations
> :(

I'll try not to let slip what happens in "The Truth" then :)

> > with other people's "niggly" software). So I've produced a possible fix
for
> > the comma/decimal point problem. I'd be most appreciative if you could
test
> > it and let me know how this new version (0.0.13!) performs.
>
> Nop !! Not OK. There's always tge problem with camera and light sources,
> but now, also with the OBJuvPOVmaxX variable...

Darn - OK, I've spotted my flaw (which was to let other people do the
testing rather than reproduce the fault myself and then work on it. Bad me).
While I was tidying up I've also made the #version less of a hack (it now
only includes the line if you've selected one of the MegaPOV formats to
export to) and made mesh and trimap exports use the same technique (they'd
have failed in France too!). Curiously MegaPOV 0.5A seems to parse even the
Trimap version faster than the official 3.1g does - and unlike 3.1g you can
place multiple copies of a single UV mesh (Trimap, mesh, or mesh2) object in
a scene without the UV mapping going haywire. I guess that means it's a
problem with 3.1g...

...still, even with the official 3.1g you can load a UV-mapped mesh and
translate it around the scene (oh - I didn't try scaling it, I only tried
rotating and translating it) thanks to Chris Colefax's Trimap macro. Cool.

> If you can't find a quick fix to it, then don't bother. I'll continue to
> use your soft "as is"... The "#version" evolution is already a good
> thing, I dont' need anymore to modify the inc file...

God that must have been a pain! Especially if you're using large meshes.
People really should, IMO, complain more often. I hope this is the best
version you've seen, I plan to update the documentation and the web site,
oh, "sometime soon now" (probably sometime in the next few days).

--
Cheers,
Cliff Bowman

http://www.geocities.com/who3d/