POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Grass on height fields? : Re: Grass on height fields? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:25:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grass on height fields?
From: Chris S
Date: 23 Aug 2000 20:57:34
Message: <39a472fe@news.povray.org>
This is quite easy with the trace() function.  Given a starting point and a
direction vector, the function will shot a ray towards a pre-declared
object.  It then returns the coordinates of where that ray converged with
the object.  This is an unofficial feature so you'll need MegaPOV of course.

-Chris-