POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Need to change aspect ratio, how ? : Re: Need to change aspect ratio, how ? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:18:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need to change aspect ratio, how ?
From: Chris S
Date: 23 Aug 2000 16:48:38
Message: <39a438a6@news.povray.org>
The camera below and some editing of your quickres.ini file should solve
your problem.

#declare A=2.5;    // viewing angle
camera{
  //orthographic // for orthographic mode
  location  <50,50,50>
  sky       y
  direction y
  right     y*A
  up        (image_height/image_width)*A*y
  angle     A
  look_at   <0,0,0>
}

The up value is defined by the height and width of the image declared in
your Quickres.ini file(tools/Edit secondary INI file), so at whatever size
you specify to render the aspect ratio should be preset.  Now, in order to
render, say, a 300x200 image, just enter the following code in your
Quickres.

[300x200 AA 0.3]
Width=300
Height=200