POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Rebuilt pose2pov : Re: OBJuvPOV Server Time
29 Jun 2024 02:01:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OBJuvPOV
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 23 Aug 2000 11:11:19
Message: <39a3e997@news.povray.org>
"Christophe Bouffartigue" <Chr### [at] nanterremarellifr>
wrote in message news:39A3AA77.670E16BC@nanterre.marelli.fr...
> Cliff Bowman wrote:
> >

> > Doh! Sudden dawning <light bulb flashes on and [Ed - and off] as in a
cheap SF
> > program>
>
> beautiful metaphor... ;)

I'm a Doctor Who fan (as if you couldn't guess) and also a fan of Terry
Pratchett. SF and humour are both things I appreciate :)

> > Hmmm... Do you think it's worth my addressing, or is it easy enough to
> > change the .POV files?
>
> It is easy enough to change (but surprising the first time...). Maybe
> you can point it in some docs... So I can wait for your OBJuvMOD....
> OBJuvPOV have all the fonctionalities I need for the moment...
>
> > For that matter - how well are the meshes coming out?
>
> The meshes are OK (if I understand right your question...).

You do indeed - and I'm afraid I was a little impatient. Once I knew what
the problem was, I had a quick glance at the code to see if I could easily
do anything about it (it may be a small problem, but I hate software that
I've written that has niggly "issues" even more than I hate having to deal
with other people's "niggly" software). So I've produced a possible fix for
the comma/decimal point problem. I'd be most appreciative if you could test
it and let me know how this new version (0.0.13!) performs.

<looks to the newsgroup name> Hmmm... I ought to be able to attach the "no
libraries" version here easily enough...

> > OBJuvPOV this side of Christmas (at least). I expect my health to be
good
> > enough to return to work soon (with luck) so I'll have even less time
for
> > development work too :(
>
> I's better worth to have a good health instead of plenty of time for
> development. Believe me... Hope you'll be better...

Absolutely. I may even be able to *buy* stuff that at the moment I write or
do without instead! (looking forward to getting back to work).

Pls let me know if this new version is an improvement - if it is I'll update
the history documentation and upload it to the web site.

--
Cheers,
Cliff Bowman

http://www.geocities.com/who3d/