POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Triangle mesh output? : Triangle mesh output? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Triangle mesh output?
From: Scott Jewell
Date: 22 Aug 2000 01:12:20
Message: <39a20bb4@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I realize that I haven't *lurked* the appropriate amount of time,
but I was really surprised that POV doesn't seem to have the
ability to output some sort of triangle mesh output (or does it?).

Years ago I used PolyRay and it did this (of course!?).

I was hoping that I could use POV to develop some sort of scene
that I could then import (Load()) into Directx (or is that a dirty word).

I guess I expected at least a 3DS sort of thing since it seems that
POV at some point obviously knows the coordinates of the object.

Perhaps someone could point to the proper place in the source
where this might happen?

Still looking....

Scott