POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pop-up web pages : Re: Pop-up web pages Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:26:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pop-up web pages
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 30 Oct 2000 08:20:44
Message: <39FD7457.FE722F52@my-dejanews.com>
Failure to use <target="_blank">  and/or right click to new window causes me
trouble with:
1) Password protected sites like Geocities' HTML editor, where use of the
"back" button gives a  "Data missing : post error"
message. I lost my whole first draft of my boids page this way.
2) Just about every site with a frame.
I am appreciative when link pages open OTHER sites in new windows, too.

The following are annoying:
1) Splash pages. How idiotic.  Would Yahoo have survived if every time I
went there I saw a 65 kb image which said "You're at Yahoo!" ?
2) Over use of new windows WITHIN one site.