POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I'm Back! : Re: I'm Back! Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:14:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm Back!
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 26 Oct 2000 14:53:14
Message: <39F87D96.261C080C@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
A common layout and structure for tutorials, code, gallery etc. definitely has
it's advantages, but i doubt it everyone would be content with it.  For example
i would not like to be forced to press a tutorial i write into a predefined
mask.

On the other hand a site covering a lot of things concerning povray would be
good especially for new users and people 'accidently' jumping in.

In any case i would prefer a more open concept without fixed rules for
everything.  What seems most important to me is to show the individual ideas and
opinions of many different people (that's for example what makes things like
DMOZ better than commercial web directories IMO)

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>