POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I'm Back! : Re: I'm Back! Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:13:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I'm Back!
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 26 Oct 2000 08:00:49
Message: <39F81B9C.8DFC7178@my-dejanews.com>
Twyst wrote:

> 1) I've noticed that there still is no major web-based information portals -
> No major image galleries outside of the IRTC, etc.
> - Multi-page article system - entirely web-based, with an optional image on
> each page. This is similar to tomshardware.com.- Image Gallery - This is gonna
> be the fun one. All images stored in the
> database, so no problems with duplicate filenames, etc.
> - Tutorials (I have a good idea for this. =D )
>
> Anyways - I wanted to get some discussion on this. One of the things that I
> will request, is that I get more people than just me working on this - I
> suffered from some major burnout last time. I don't mind doing the
> programming - it's consistant, steady content that I have trouble with.
>
> Noel "Twyst" Bundy
> ----------------------
> http://anime-central.net
> twy### [at] twystednet
> ICQ# 60616248

There is a project somewhat like this already under works, with approval of
Chris Cason.  It is a project to collect every povray artist's own favorite 10
images and sell it as a CD to help fund the development activities of the
POV-Team.

http://10best.raytrace.com/10best.html
http://10best.raytrace.com/tracinstyles.html

I pushed for this because yes I too thought there ought to be some more freely
associated image galleries, that there is a lot of very cool stuff that only
sees a very limited audience because it doesn't fit into the criteria of the
IRTC. I envision the CD allowing for multiple ways of browsing the collection.

So look at this and see if there are ways your talents could help with or an
other project that you run complements this one.