POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Povbench : Re: Povbench Server Time
8 Aug 2024 18:19:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povbench
From: John VanSickle
Date: 24 Oct 2000 20:11:20
Message: <39F6266E.8CC2D755@erols.com>
Kari Kivisalo wrote:

> I checked http://www.haveland.com/povbench/ to find how fast the
> current processors are. According to that table Athlon/Duron 800-1000
> is 8x faster than AMD K6 3 400Mhz which I have. Time to go shopping :)

While you're out, get me one, too :-)

From what I can tell, a K7 seems to get about 1.5 to 2.5 times as much
done per clock cycle as the K6.  Hence a Duron 750 runs about 5 times as
fast as my K6-2/300.

It appears to depend on the OS you're running.  The Linux boxes seem
a tad faster than the Windows machines.

It would help a bit if the benchmarks included FSB speed.

--
ICQ: 46085459