POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANNOUNCE: Your 10 best images : Re: ANNOUNCE: Your 10 best images Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:26:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUNCE: Your 10 best images
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 24 Oct 2000 10:49:42
Message: <39F5A187.D78144EB@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:

> Yikes! People are complaining are they? I thought about a background image contest,
but
> for the web pages advertising the project, I think that functionality is good
enough.
> The worst thing on a web page is to have custom made gifs that don't work anything
> because the purpose and scope of the page has changed and the owner hasn't had time
> make new button images.....

I understand, but an appealing layout does not necessarily require a lot of
custom images.  Just breaking up the text into different parts and adding a menu
bar on the left helps a lot.  The different paragraphs could be accessed via
that menu bar.  Most background images make things even worse, because
readability suffers from their structure.

Anyway, the typical Povray user is probably not that easy to manipulate with
some graphical hocus pocus ;-)

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>