POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray VS MegaPOV : Re: POV-Ray VS MegaPOV Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray VS MegaPOV
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 20 Oct 2000 01:49:27
Message: <39EFDB8F.34B771B0@attglobal.net>
Simon Lemieux wrote:

> Hmm.. I took a look, and since it's a patch, does it means it works the same way
> as POV-Ray, I mean for the command line options (except for radiosity which
> might be a bit different...)
>
> Can I render POV-Ray files with MegaPOV?

Yes, but...

- as others have pointed out, some textures will show up differently.
- TheMachine.Pov* doesn't even parse in MP 0.5a. (It barfs at the macro
definition on line 115.)

*I'm still on the first line of the first radiosity pass at 1024x768
AA0.3 after 1 hour on an Athlon 650. :(
--
Francois Labreque | The surest sign of the existence of extra-
     flabreq      | terrestrial intelligence is that they never