POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVRAY, AMD K6-2, AND CRAPPY FANS : Re: POVRAY, AMD K6-2, AND CRAPPY FANS Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:29:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRAY, AMD K6-2, AND CRAPPY FANS
From: Alex McMurray
Date: 20 Oct 2000 15:06:40
Message: <39EF81AF.5DC80DE2@melbpc.org.au>
Hi Jason,

    My system is the same, with a K6-2 500. and during the summer, for no
apparent reason, it crashed. but on hot days, there was a persistant beeping
(similar to a car reversing signal).    The shop owner said that there was a
high temperature alarm that is enabled when the CPU temp reaches 60 degrees
c, and the CPU shuts down at 70o.   A better fan fixed it.
    I agree with everyone, why such a crappy fan in the first place, unless
you are always going to use your computer in the refrigerator.

Alex.

--
  ,-._|\  Alex McMurray
 /  Oz  \ ale### [at] melbpcorgau               Melbourne PC User Group.