POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Efficient Motion Blur : Re: Efficient Motion Blur Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:18:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Efficient Motion Blur
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 18 Oct 2000 21:49:29
Message: <39EE4376.BB82F788@peak.edu.ee>
Warp wrote:

>   I think that internal motion blur is always faster unless all the scene
> is moving. This is because only part of the image has to be extra-calculated
> instead of the whole image (as happens when using the external method).
>   If all the scene is moving, then both methods may be as slow.

However, internal motion blur (as implemented in MegaPOV) uses more memory -
often significantly more.
And if the whole scene is moving, I'm pretty sure the frame averaging method is
somewhat faster, since there is no additional overhead of checking the
time-stamps.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee