POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Delving into the bozo world (144KB) : Re: Delving into the bozo world (144KB) Server Time
28 Apr 2024 18:01:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Delving into the bozo world (144KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 18 Oct 2000 19:09:27
Message: <39EE2C8F.B5103C2B@hotmail.com>
David Fontaine wrote:

> Not quite related but similar, I had this idea to show the perspective
> of being inside a menger sponge. Assuming the sponge is only a 2d
> surface. I think by the nature of the sponge though it would be hard to
> get a view that has a good onobstructed field.

Earlier today I didn't know what kind of sponge you were talking
about here. My dictionary didn't give me any clues either.

But then I did a search for "menger sponge" on www.google.com.

I found that this sponge is indeed interesting !

Have you or (anyone else in here) rendered this shape ?
With a recursive macro ? (Or with an isosurface ? =)

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tok/tokrays.html