POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hello Everyone! (It's SamuelT) : Re: Hello Everyone! (It's SamuelT) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:27:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hello Everyone! (It's SamuelT)
From: David Fontaine
Date: 18 Oct 2000 19:00:18
Message: <39EE28DF.79BBC2A2@faricy.net>
Hi there!!

SamuelT wrote:

> it always seems that businesses have older computers
> than home-users do....

Really? Seems the opposite to me. They get faster ones than they really need.
'Tis a waste of machinery when they could be rendering. <g> Ooh, need 600Mhz to
play solitaire and update spreadsheets all day long!
Our school got a bunch of new PIII's, but they probably make use of them since
we have graphic design classes and such.