POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Old Raytracing Programs : Old Raytracing Programs Server Time
1 Jul 2024 06:01:08 EDT (-0400)
  Old Raytracing Programs
From: Brandan Whearty
Date: 18 Oct 2000 12:43:17
Message: <39EDD2DB.61D06755@dana.ucc.nau.edu>
Howdy, all:

I'm looking for an old raytracing program, hopefully an older version of
povray, which will function on an ancient Powerbook 100.  I spend a fair
amount of time traveling, and it would be nice to get a chance to
precreate images that could be rendered later on my iMac.  The program
I'm looking for would hopefully function on a machine with these specs:

* 16 mhz 68000 processor
* 4 mb RAM
* ~ 40 mb Hard Disk Space
* System 6.0.7

And, if I'm really lucky, it'd export to a format that could either be
read to Povray or translated into something Povray could understand.
Does such a program exist?  And if it does, am I nuts for thinking about
creating simple [very simple] images on a 16 mhz laptop which will be
old enough to vote in a few years?  Your thoughts, comments, and
referrals would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
-- Brandan