POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Delving into the bozo world (144KB) : Re: Delving into the bozo world (144KB) Server Time
28 Apr 2024 15:05:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Delving into the bozo world (144KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 18 Oct 2000 11:51:38
Message: <39EDC5F4.C1B7A07B@hotmail.com>
BigCeef wrote:

> Well, I would search for other nooks and crannies similar to how you placed
> the camera, and place a few point light sources  here and there... and allow
> the isosurface to cast shadows... you'd get little 'caves' of light. Mainly
> just avoid using a main 'fill' light near the camera.

Yes. I think several point light sources is a good idea.

I now remember that I have seen pictures from real caves, where
there has been several light sources scattered around in the cave.
The effect from this was nice.

Thank you very much for this suggestion !

I have tried to let the isosurface cast shadows, but there seems to be
some problems with this. (See my "Inside the Crackle pattern" thread.)

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tok/tokrays.html