POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Delving into the bozo world (144KB) : Re: Delving into the bozo world (144KB) Server Time
19 Apr 2024 17:59:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Delving into the bozo world (144KB)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 17 Oct 2000 20:32:54
Message: <39ECEEA7.AD8656E5@hotmail.com>
Chris Huff wrote:

> In article <39ECE0E9.305975BC@hotmail.com>, Tor Olav Kristensen
> <tor### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>
> > Do you mean that the noise3d function also uses a kind of bozo pattern ?
>
> The bozo pattern *is* noise3d, or actually, Noise(). So are bumps(when
> used outside of normals) and spotted.

OK. Thank you.

But are there any differences in the possible applications (within
iso-surfaces)
for the bozo pattern and the noise3d function ?

And another question:

I tried to make the radius of all my iso spheres dependent of the field
strength
at certain points in space, but MegaPOV complained about not finding a
float inside the <> part of the "sphere" statement.

I think this is what I tried:

#declare BozoFunction =
function { pigment { bozo color_map { [ 0 rgb 0 ] [ 1 rgb 1 ] } scale 30 } }

#declare SphereFunction =
function { "sphere" <BozoFunction(x, y, z)> }

#declare ManySpheres =
function {
  SphereFunction(
    x - floor(x) - 0.5,
    y - floor(y) - 0.5,
    z - floor(z) - 0.5
  )
}

Can you please explain ?    Is there any other way to do this ?

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tok/tokrays.html