POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Source code for bevelled box : Re: Source code for bevelled box Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:19:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Source code for bevelled box
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 11 Oct 2000 12:17:30
Message: <39E49199.E9485C80@online.no>
John VanSickle wrote:

> Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
> >
> > Here's my "Total Overkill" code for calculating position of corners
> > for a bevelled box.
>
> If all you want to do is make a bevelled box, use the BevelBox()
> macro from my Throughly Useful Macros file.

Yes, my solution is much too complex to be useful for making a
bevelled box.

But since he asked about the coordinates for the corners,
and since I was working on some macros that dealt with such
problems, I just tried to put them together in a way that solved
his problem

>   http://users4.50megs.com/enphilistor/macs.htm
>
> The macro intersects three boxes to produce the beveled box;
> the code is much neater.

I agree that this is a much more efficient way to make a bevelled box.

> > // Scalar Triple Product of 3 vectors
> > #macro S3Prod(v1, v2, v3)
> >
> >   vdot(v1, vcross(v2, v3))
> >
> > #end // macro S3Prod
>
> This acutally produces the determinant of the matrix formed by the
> three vectors.

Yes, I know.

Regards

Tor Olav