POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity, : Re: what warp wrote back in that July thread re: Radiosity Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: what warp wrote back in that July thread re: Radiosity
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 9 Oct 2000 21:42:47
Message: <39E27500.EF603B48@unforgettable.com>
Hmm. It didn't occur to me to ask, but you ARE using MegaPOV, right? (If
not.. you ought to be. ;P )

"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:

> Xplo Eristotle wrote:
>
> > "Greg M. Johnson" wrote:
> > > Which parameter(s) would increase radiosity quality?
> >
> > To pick out finer details, decrease error_bound.
>
> below 1?

Oh yes. 0.3 does a decent job of this. I take it you haven't been
following the low error radiosity work in p.b.i.? (I should put up a web
page about it, I guess.)

> > To improve the overall accuracy, increase the count
>
> already at 180?

Depends on the illumination present in your scene. For an outdoor scene,
180 should be plenty.

-Xplo