POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 4.0 Feature discussion : Re: 4.0 Feature discussion Server Time
9 Aug 2024 15:17:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 4.0 Feature discussion
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 29 Sep 2000 12:09:16
Message: <39D4BD66.CC105C55@my-dejanews.com>
Warp wrote:

>   An object-oriented programming language can't force you to make
> object-oriented programs. The reason is that the object-oriented design of
> a program starts before you write even the first line of code.

Actually, I think my blobmon character is object-oriented, in the way I've
broken down INC's to handle different tasks. One has just raw data, another
computes how raw data variables crunch each other, another poses the model.  A
POV file would then include the INC and have a walking figure...

 Am I correct in that you could "object-orient" a very complicated scene file
with today's povray?

I've sat through the first-grader's presentation on OO at the beginning of
those C and Java tutorials I've seen at work and on the web........