POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 4.0 Feature discussion : Re: 4.0 Feature discussion Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:19:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 4.0 Feature discussion
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 27 Sep 2000 22:21:23
Message: <39D2AB2E.4682A09B@ij.net>
Alessandro Coppo wrote:

> Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message news:39cf092b@news.povray.org...
> >   Isn't povray scripting language already something like that?

> Well, not EVEN REMOTELY comparable to the power of Perl! Just an example: I
> have seen an XML parser in Perl which was written in just 30 lines...

	Perl has had how many people working on it for how many years in how
many applications?

	Without sarcasm intended just what benefit would it be given the very
straightforward nature of it in the first place?

	If really looking for Perl one of the big guys, Sun I think, I posted
it in off-topic, released their proprietary 3D language about a month
ago. I found a reference to a group forming to create Perl bindings for
it.

--
Gun control: The principle that criminals will not have guns
if having guns is a crime.