POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : File Format : Re: File Format Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:23:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: File Format
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 12 Sep 2000 12:04:26
Message: <39BE5382.B01A3645@inapg.inra.fr>
Warp wrote:

>   Believe me: You don't want that.
>   Not in the long run anyways.
>   ("Damn!!! 50 hours of rendering and the image looks like crap because of
> too low jpeg settings!!!")

To be frank, I've never felt this was a really good reason. After all, there
are already an infinite number of ways this kind of thing can happen (like
this one : launch a 48-hours long batch rendering with "Continue" enabled and
find that nothing happened because small test renders had been already
created...).
Also, JPG could be implemented like some sort of post processing.
post_process{jpeg_output{quality, keep_original}}
JPG output support is certainly not on my priority list, but when doing lots
of test renders (and when one wants to keep the results for comparison or
historical purposes) it would be an interesting feature.

G.