POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Proposed tutorial format (hope this is in plain text). : Re: Proposed tutorial format (hope this is in plain text). Server Time
26 Sep 2024 17:45:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proposed tutorial format (hope this is in plain text).
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 9 Sep 2000 01:22:13
Message: <39B9C9A4.705EA246@geocities.com>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:

> 1)   Yes, perhaps the best answer is a style sheet.
> 2)   Yes, thanks for the reminder that frames are no-no for some users. The
> navigation would be added at the end.
> 3)   width, height: What is the consequence of leaving this out?  I didn't
> mean to forbid it, but what is the NEED?
> 4)   <blockquote> is just my preference for having the page have a margin
> and more readable.  No harm to anyone, I believe, if you are missing a
> 5)   <p>Don't take this too literally as to where and when to post these.
> 6)  Yes, alt tags are cool.  I didn't mean to forbid them.
> 7)  <head> </head> Yeah, this is good practice.
> 8)  <h1> Well, this is often so big as to be distracting, and I was thinking
> of using <h2> somewhere else or for navigation, etc.
>
> Do I actually know _how_ to do a style sheet?  Never read that chapter of
> html for dummies.

1) Yes.
2) Yes. no frames, please. Or rather, make them optional. Javadoc output from
JDK 1.2+ is a good example to go with
3) The browser will need to wait for the asset to get loaded before it will lay
out the page.
4) BAD BAD EVIL HACK..
:-)
   Very bad in some circumstances. Just asking for trouble.
5) <P>...</P> should be used. Since HTML 2.0 the P tag changed from a marker to
a container.
6) Oooooh. yes. Alt please.
7) Yes.
8) BBZZZZZZZZZZZTTTTTT!!! wrong answer again!
:-)
Seriously, mark up what you mean. How it looks changes on almost all systems.

Just remember WYSIWYG is not WYSIWOG.
"what you see is what you get" is not "what you see is what _others_ get"
That's the tricky thing on HTML.

best advice: read stuff at the WDG
http://www.htmlhelp.org/

Send me email for the stylesheet help, etc.