POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Check out my on-line povray rendering farm! : Re: Check out my on-line povray rendering farm! Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:28:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Check out my on-line povray rendering farm!
From: Space Dude
Date: 8 Sep 2000 16:44:48
Message: <39B94FBE.2D810A6D@rap.ucar.edu>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> "Space Dude" <swe### [at] rapucaredu> wrote in message
> | For those of you with limited CPU resources, you can take full advantage
> | of my povray rendering farm!
> |
> | You submit your scene file and one of my machines in the farm will
> | render your image for you and e-mail you back the picture.  It's really
> | cool!
> |
> | You can get to it here:
> | http://www.badcheese.com/~steve/povray_form.shtml
>
> Hey, that IS "really cool".  The current status shows it idle at the moment.
> How many times has this actually been tried successfully?
>
> Bob

Most of the machines are allways idle unless a job has been submitted.

I just checked it out and it seems like people have started to use it
since I posted on this newsgroup.

It's been available for almost a year now, but I haven't kept it
up-to-date very much.  I want to install mega-pov on all of the
machines, but keeping that many machines up-to-date is a little bit of
work.  8)

- Steve

--
EMAIL: (h) ste### [at] badcheesecom  WEB: http://badcheese.com/~steve