POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Proposed tutorial format (hope this is in plain text). : Re: Proposed tutorial format (hope this is in plain text). Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:26:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proposed tutorial format (hope this is in plain text).
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 8 Sep 2000 15:27:20
Message: <39B93C45.8C0BDE4F@my-dejanews.com>
1)   Yes, perhaps the best answer is a style sheet.
2)   Yes, thanks for the reminder that frames are no-no for some users. The
navigation would be added at the end.
3)   width, height: What is the consequence of leaving this out?  I didn't
mean to forbid it, but what is the NEED?
4)   <blockquote> is just my preference for having the page have a margin
and more readable.  No harm to anyone, I believe, if you are missing a
5)   <p>Don't take this too literally as to where and when to post these.
6)  Yes, alt tags are cool.  I didn't mean to forbid them.
7)  <head> </head> Yeah, this is good practice.
8)  <h1> Well, this is often so big as to be distracting, and I was thinking
of using <h2> somewhere else or for navigation, etc.

Do I actually know _how_ to do a style sheet?  Never read that chapter of
html for dummies.

I _do_ want:
a) an extremely rigid and consistent way of linking to your images and
embedded files (there could be tons of files uploaded).
b) generally a consistent look.
c) some keywords so that we can set up easier way for users to access tuts
(instead of inferring content from title).
d) an email address in there so I can keep the files and your "identity"
straight.